Lanham Brothers General Contractors, Inc. had its beginning in 1951 under the name of Lanham Brothers Construction Company. The partnership then consisted of the two owners: Leonard and Larry Lanham, conducting business from the same general location used today, 2119 West Third Street, Owensboro, Kentucky.
The company began with residential and commercial projects, then switching to primarily commercial and church projects during the 1960's. The company became involved in the industrial market in the 1970's and branched out into retail markets during the 1980's. Lanham Brothers now regularly performs commercial, industrial, medical, ecclesiastical, educational, communications, and retail projects for a broad range of clients. Projects range in size from the smallest maintenance items to schools and industrial plants.
In 1973 Lanham Brothers became a corporation and changed the business name to Lanham Brothers General Contractors Incorporated. Lanham Brothers also added design/build capability with a full-time architect on staff. This capability helps clients save time and money on their projects as well as guiding them through the difficult process of state and local building codes.
However, even with these changes, the tradition continues. The original brothers retired in 1983 after over 30 years in the business and passed the responsibility on. David R. Lanham is President of the corporation and Andy N. Lanham is the Secretary and Treasurer. These officers have many years of service with the company in a variety of roles. Lanham Brothers is very proud of it's employees, some having 20 plus years of service with the company. We believe in the adage "A business is known by the company it keeps."
At Lanham Brothers quality is a tradition, and we try hard to continue that tradition by drawing on our long-time experience in the construction industry to provide our customers with the most value possible for their investment. We do this through careful planning and supervision, tight cost control, and financial responsibility. We accomplish these objectives by keeping abreast of new trends and developments in the construction industry, and the use of computerized data processing equipment combined with the knowledge and experience gained from many years in the industry. This mixture of traditional and contemporary ideas provide the customer with the best possible service available. On your next project place your building investment in the hands of the professionals at Lanham Brothers. You will be pleased with the results!
David R. Lanham - President
- 1983 - Corporate President - Lanham Brothers
- 1973 - 1983 Estimator, Purchasing Agent, Project Engineer, & Personnel Administrator - Lanham Brothers
- 1971 - 1973 Construction Field Experience - Lanham Brothers
- 1969 - 1971 U.S. Army 75th Engineers and 1st Army Headquarters
- 1969 - Lain Technical Institute awarded AS in Architectural Drafting
- 1966 - 1969 Construction Field Experience - Lanham Brothers
Andy N. Lanham - Corporate Secretary & Treasurer
- 2008 - Corporate Secretary & Treasurer - Lanham Brothers
- 2006 – 2007 Estimator - Lanham Brothers
- 2004 – 2006 Construction Field Experience - Lanham Brothers
- 2004 - Western Kentucky University awarded BS in Business Management and Marketing
- 1996 – 2004 Construction Field Experience - Lanham Brothers
Dave Booher - Estimator & Project Manager
- 2008 - Estimator & Project Manager - Lanham Brothers
- 2005 – 2008 AT&T Maintenance Technician - Lanham Brothers
- 1999 – 2005 Project Superintendent - E.C. Mathews General Contractors
- 1997 – 1999 Owner - David Booher Construction
- 1994 – 1997 Western Kentucky University
- 1990 – 1994 Aviation Electronics Technician For VAQ-131 Electronic Attack Squadron US Navy
Wayne Burton - Estimator & Project Manager
- 1999 - Project Manager - Lanham Brothers
- 1981 - 1983 Project Superintendent - Lanham Brothers
- 1970 - 1981 Carpenter - Lanham Brothers
Louis L. Lohman
- 1995 - Accounting Clerk - Lanham Brothers
- 1989 - 1994 Brescia College studied Accounting & Marketing